This statement applies to content published on https://islingtonfairertogether.org.
This website is run by Islington Council. It is designed to be used by as many people as possible. The text should be clear and simple to understand. You should be able to:
- zoom in up to 200% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- listen to all of the website using a screen reader
- We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- The navigation menu, which appears when the site is viewed in a smaller screen is not in the tab index. This make is very difficult for screen reader users and switch access users on small screens to navigate within the site.
- One of the lists in the on the about us page is not marked up properly as a list. This makes the list structure more difficult to understand for screen reader users who cannot see the screen.
How to request content in a different format
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- report it online using ourcontact form
- call 020 7527 2000 or minicom 020 7527 1900
- if you use British Sign Language you can contact Islington Council using our Sign Language Interpreting Services.
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 10 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact us.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
We provide a text relay service for people who are D/deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment.
Islington Council’s Customer Centre and the Town Hall have audio induction loops, or if you contact us before your visit, we can arrange a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter.
Find out how to contact us.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Islington Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- 1.3.1 Info and relationships
- 2.1.1 Keyboard
The accessibility problems in this website will be resolved by April 2023.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on the 25th of January 2023. It was last reviewed on the 25th of January 2023.
This website was last tested on the 20th of January 2023. The test was carried out by Islington Council using a combination of manual and automated testing.